TZT2 Transducer help

RADIOWAVES

i have just installed a new tzt2 and new radar. System seems to be working great except I am disappointed with the sonar / fish-finder. The Boat had a Raymarine syster on it which included a Airmar Xduicer 20-557-01 which I believe is a B164 -20-MM, I am using this transducer.
Is this compatible with the TZT2? Any recommendations for a transducer that will work better with the TZT2 without going to an external fishfinder interface would be appreciated.

I am open to either thru hull or TM style.

Thanks
Fred Falmouth Ma.

Radiowaves,
Well yes and no.
The B-164 will work for fish finding but it is not in the TZT2 database for the ACCU-FISH or Bottom Discrimination. If not mounted correctly the LF side is prone to ringing which degrades its performance.

Snips

Thanks could you please give a recommendation on my choices for TZT2 XDUCER I fish in 100 to 600 ft of waterbut also need good shallow water discrimination since I bust go through bay which has many shallow muddy areas.
I have a smaller boat with a small Garmin 94SV on it and it provides great resolution.
Thanks for your help

Fred Collins

Radiowaves,
What kind of boat do you have and it's top speed?

Snips

Radiowaves,
To get transducers to work on high speed vessels can be tricky. Transducers using fairing blocks will perform better as they place the face of the transducer a way from hulls boundary layer. However 40 knots is above the safe speed limit for these type of transducers. Below is one suggestion that may be an option for you. This was a B-260 that was pocket mounted up in the hull.

Snips

Attachments

• 100_0918.JPG
    100_0918.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 1,045
Back