help selecting transducer

apw

Looking for some advice/help selecting a transducer or transducers. I currently have a CM75LHW, cavity mounted, DIFF1-UHD sounder, and TZT14 MFD. The low side of the transducer tested bad. I want to replace and upgrade with a transducer (s) that can: offer 1 KW high chirp wide, 2 KW low chirp and optimally support DFF3D capability when I eventually upgrade to the new TZTXL MFD.
What transducer or combination of transducers would come close to this target? If there is a path to upgrade the transducers and have them function with the exiting MFD before upgrading to the new screens, that's even better. Thanks for any input.

Did you maybe mean you have a CM275LHW? Regardless... replacing the transducer to a 2KW on the low side will not allow the DFF1-UHD (1KW unit) to put out additional power. Was the low side not reaching bottom at your fishing grounds?

Yes, that was a typo it is 275. I do fish the NE canyons and was interested in what a 2KW could offer. On my previous vessel I had a 1KW transducer and it was adequate for that fishing. However, I did want to understand the options that could give me 2KW for deeper water fishing such as daytime swordfish.

If I were to stay with 1KW, and upgrade to the 3D capability, I believe the 165T-50/200 with a DIFF3D might be a good option, as it has the 3D elements and can be mounted with a faring block. I did not plan to remove the old transducer from the pocket as this could be a more involved project snd that pocket is relatively small as it has the 275.

If I were to select a 2KW option, I think the best option is a R109LH but then I would need a separate transducer for the 3D elements down the road.

Are there other options you might suggest or modify.

I am not a big fan of the B164 1kw that is used in the 165T-50/200. If your 275 is staying and working well, you might want to consider just running a standard 165T-B54 for the DFF3D and continue using the 275. The B164 will be a disappointment compared to the 275, I can assure you. If going to run all three, then okay but I don't think the B164 will offer you much except for another sounder screen option.

Thanks. I think adding a 165T-B54 will give me the 3D elements. but not low frequency chirp, which I need since the low side of that existing 275 is bad.
Sticking with 1Kw, is there a transducer that can be surface mounted and deliver the 165T elements and LHW chirp at 1KW. I see the pocket mount version on the web site.

Back