Transferring waypoints to a gp1971f from a Garmin

1hawnfisherman

Need help in transferring waypoints from a Garmin 4012 to a gp1971f, I just purchased and installed a gp 1971f and need to transfer waypoints from the Garmin sd card to the furuno unit, do I need to format the new micro sd card for the gp1971f ? And if so what's the procedure to format the micro sd card ? And how do I transfer the waypoints from the Garmin sd to the micro sd card for the gp1971f? Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. :furuno

Thanks Johnny, will any micro sd card work ? And will the size of the sd card matter?

Hi Johnny, I have the sea marks program and saved the garmin files but they saved as “dbf” files , I converted them to “csv “ files and tried to load the files to the 1971 and this is the message I got “files to import not found “ when I look at the files on the computer they say they’re “csv”, any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest opening a support case with tech support and attaching the files so they can see if they can figure out why the CSV file isn't working. Did you try GPX format? Maybe it will work better for you. The GP1971F supports both CSV and GPX.

Back