problem showing/uploading charts

nautidog

Hi, I'm new to Furuno and have a TZT3. I purchased 3 charts and downloaded them to a micro sd card. I took the original sd card out and inserted the new one. They do not show up on the screen, however I did enter the unlock codes and it said it was valid. However these charts are not showing up. I looked at the videos and my pull up screen looks nothing like what is on the video. I need help. See attached screenshots. I also noticed the ones I purchased where preloaded, however they still do not show up when I insert the original card back.

Attachments

• IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10
Charts need to be unzipped and licence charts need to be unlocked. It can be in a folder or on the root, it really doesn't matter where you drop them on the card. Ensure that you are using a PC and not a MAC. Never remove or install the chart card with the unit powered ON. Once you power up, give the unit about three full minutes when powered because it needs to re-index the chart catalog. If you attempt to select charts too soon the tabs will be missing because it is still in the process of indexing. Haste makes waste. I never recommend rushing to failure.

Charts need to be unzipped and licence charts need to be unlocked. It can be in a folder or on the root, it really doesn't matter where you drop them on the card. Ensure that you are using a PC and not a MAC. Never remove or install the chart card with the unit powered ON. Once you power up, give the unit about three full minutes when powered because it needs to re-index the chart catalog. If you attempt to select charts too soon the tabs will be missing because it is still in the process of indexing. Haste makes waste. I never recommend rushing to failure.
Hi Johnny - I have the same issue but I only have a Mac onboard.... I have two TZT3s and no computer. Any suggestions? Many thanks

Many dealers can assist you if you don't have access to a PC, particularly if you are purchasing a licence from them. I recommend you speaking with your authorized dealer.

Yeah older Apple units previously seemed to manage conversion to FAT file system okay but the newer ones seem to do nothing but corrupt the data. It is not worth using an Apple to unzip and write PC FAT format. That will be a nice thing about XL, letting you can download the new TZ mapping directly to the unit because the file sizes are smaller. MM3 will always need to be moved onto the chart chip even with the newer XL system.

Back