Showing Actual Plotted Course

randysizemore

Hello,
When using my TZT2 I tap the boat icon and turn on tracking. It shows my course with all turns and deviations, but when I turn tracking off it goes to a straight line.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do, so I can save my actual course. It really comes in handy here in Samoa for entering out-of-the way lagoons and bays, especially tracking back out.

Thanks.

Most likely when you turn off and come back up the range of the plotter has changed. Try zooming in on the tracks after coming back up. As a plotter scales, it compresses when zooming out, and eliminates some of the interlaying points so if that is a turn point it will look different when zoomed too far out. zooming into a closer scale should restore the look to normal. Also keep in mind there is track recording (which you mentioned) and displaying of tracks which is two different things. It might be you are looking at something that isn't your track and the tracks are recording but turned OFF for display. Ensure your tracks are turned ON by swiping up from the bottom of the screen under users objects and ensure that you haven't got the tracks hidden by mistake.

Hello,
Thank you for that information. I am still experiencing the same issue. My tracks are turned on, I double checked that. You can see from the photos attached that, along with the track I started this morning as I was leaving the marina, and then the straight line that appears when I turn off the track.

No matter how much I magnify it, it remains a straight line.

It is probably something simple I am overlooking, or don't understand, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

Randy

Attachments

• 1000010027.jpg
    1000010027.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 1000010082.jpg
    1000010082.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 1000010083.jpg
    1000010083.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
I think what you are seeing is that track points are recorded at very short intervals for a short time while making them, then revert to whatever intervals you have set them to be later. So if you have set the track recording interval to be, say, a track point every minute, it will record track points every second or so for a while (good definition), then later change them all to the longer 1 minute interval (straight line).

You can shorten this in the track settings - either by time or by distance. Be aware that you only have 30,000 points available for any track, so you need to save separate tracks when they are used up, or let them delete older track points going forward.

Back