Older DFF1 Issue with 1920C

hmbjack

Here is my set-up, I have a GD-1920C Plotter (10.4") connected to a ETR-6/10 Sounder with a transom mount TM260 Transducer.

I wanted to upgrade my Sounder, so I bought a DFF1 (non-CHIRP) on eBay. The DFF1 was built in 2015. I also purchased the pigtail adapter to connect the blue network cable from the Plotter to the DFF1 (#000-144-463)

Upon receipt of the DFF1, per the manual, I removed the cover and changed the DIP switch to 1,000 watts to support the TM260. I also checked that the DFF1 was set to support NAVnet VX2 on the settings under the black rubber plug (on off off on) on the rear of the unit.

After connecting the DFF1 with power off, my 1920C shows a blue screen for the Sounder. It shows no bottom, no temperature and doesn't respond to changing HF to LF. Yet, my trusty old ETR-6 does all of that.

Since my DFF1 is not talking to my 1920C Plotter, do you think I'm using the WRONG network cable adapter?

I am using the #000-144-463 but I read on this Forum the more common cable adapter is the #000-159-705 5 meter crossover.

Thanks,
Jack

Good morning HMB Jack,

From memory I think the adapter cable that you are using is a straight through cable. That is likely why it is not working. I don't have one to pin out to verify that it is a straight cable but that is my thinking. If you have a network switch that you could temporarily add into the network for testing that could help verify. If you do have one, just plug the 1920 into the switch, then take an Ethernet cable from the Dff1 and plug it into the switch and see what happens.

C-Bass

Thank you for your insight!

I just got off the phone with Furuno Customer Support.
They confirmed I'm using the wrong cable adapter (#000-144-463).
The correct cable adapter to connect my DFF1 to my 1920C is #000-159-705.

Back