TZ touch/ DFF1-UHD with B265

Joe Enterline

Good Day,

I am running 2 TZ touch MDF's, DFF1-UHD with a hub, GPS, and B265.

For the last 6 years, the system has been working flawlessly. About 3 months ago I received a message that the Fishfinder had lost its network connection. It happened once randomly, here and there. The issue started to become more frequent, 2 or 3 times a trip. now it's up to every 10-15 min. The High frequency has become very weak or sometimes doesn't work at all. The green light on the DFF1 is flashing steady.

I have tried.

New network cables
Resetting and cycling the units
Disconnecting the orange XID wire and manually setting up the system.
Hooking up the DFF1 directly to one MDF.

No Change, Transducer?

Thank you,
Joe

1697651086181.png

Joe,
Thank you for your inquiry. I have attached the table showing the meaning of the LED status light.
which of the three is your DFF1-UHD indicating?

From your inquiry above you state that you replaced the network cable(s). I going to assume you are referencing the blue LAN cable between the DFF1-UHD and the Ethernet Hub. The cable that was removed did it show any indication of corrosion on the RJ45 connector? Is the HUB itself mounted in a secure dry location with proper voltage? Typically a "lost connection" alarm indicates either a LAN cable or Ethernet HUB issue. So Lets start the troubleshooting with these items first.

If the high frequency of the transducer is no longer working there certainly may be an issue with the transducer itself. That being said this would not cause a "lost connection" alarm with the DFF1-UHD itself. We can help you locate a certified Airmar installer that may be able to perform a diagnostic test on your boats transducer to determine its health. https://www.airmar.com/AIRMAR-Certified-Installers

Thank you Flatline for the response.

No signs of corrosion, Geen light blinks every two seconds. I will check the voltage. I made a couple of discoveries over the weekend. If you turn the Dff1-UHD off for 5 min the transducer will turn on and work again, the longer you leave it off the longer it will run after re-turning it on.

An update was done in March on both units with guidance from Furuno. During the trip over the weekend, I received this message. I turned the
unit off and back on and the message never appeared again.

Thank you,
Joe
tempImageossBud.png

In regard to the BLUE screen on the TZT please execute these steps to preclude it from occurring again.

1. Back up all POINTS, ROUTES, USER SETTINGS, and tracks to a SD card (32GB max size)
2. Press and hold the HOME button, power the unit ON and continue to hold the HOME button.
3. When the Gray screen appears release the HOME button.
4. Choose scan and fix drives.
5. Then do a CLEAR ALL.
6. Reboot the unit and restore the data you backed up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the DFF1-UHD please do the hardware reset:
1698180267079.png
After the reset reconnect everything and set up the TRANSDUCER for the DFF!-UHD in the TZT. After you set up the transducer turn everything off by the power switches and then turn off the all the power at the breaker panel, leave off a couple minutes and turn back on.

Back