NVTZT3 power consumption

SVJubilee

Hi - I'm new to this forum, hoping to install a pair of NavNet TZtouch3 MFD on my new build sailing catamaran. I have a bunch of questions:
1. What is the power consumption for the 19" TZT3? If I am using a 1kW transducer, is that a continuous 100W draw, or is that a series of 1000W pulses? I'd love to use the personal bathymetric feature, but not sure if it will exhaust my electrical system. If I am running a 1kW transducer 24 hours a day, am I consuming 24kWh?
2. If I am power constrained, can I either turn down the power, or toggle to a lower powered secondary transducer? Does anyone run with multiple transducers (lo and hi power)?
3. I believe, but am hoping that someone can confirm that the TZT3 can work with 3rd party auto pilots - unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't look like Furuno has sailing auto pilot available.
4. Its clear that Furuno is pretty fishy - and I hope to do a great deal of fishing from my cat - but is this a good application for the TZT3 MFD, or am I trying to push a square peg through a round hole?

If anyone has any sailing related MFD advice relative to Furuno, TZT3, I'm all ears.

I had Garmin 7612's on my fishing boat, was not super impressed. TZT3 seems like a radically superior product.

SVJubilee,

The power consumption for the TZT19F is 12VDC at 4.7 Amps, and 24VDC at 2.3 Amps. The biggest power draw for the unit is not the unit's internal sounder, but from the unit's LCD/ASSY. So if you are running the unit continuously and want to have a lower power consumption, then just adjust the unit's LCD Brilliance to a lower setting for a lower power draw.

TZT3 MFD will provide waypoint data via NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 network to any autopilot, but with the NAVPILOT 711C and the NAVPILOT 300 you can give you full control from any TZT3 MFD.

The TZT3's Internal Fish Finder was designed as Commercial Fishing Grade sounder, and will accept either Continuous Wave (50/200kHz) or CHIRP (40kHz to 225kHz) when using any 300 Watt, 600 Watt, or 1kW Transducer.

-Deep Blue ;)

Back