B265 LH to send signal to FCV 800 and TZT3 at same time

Quirky

Hello There, does anyone know if you can use a B265 LH transducer to send a signal to both a FCV 800 and TZT3 at the same time. I'm just about to pick up this set up and wondering if the 265 can send a signal to both the units at the same time so I can look at both simultaneously whilst fishing ?

Hello There, does anyone know if you can use a B265 LH transducer to send a signal to both a FCV 800 and TZT3 at the same time. I'm just about to pick up this set up and wondering if the 265 can send a signal to both the units at the same time so I can look at both simultaneously whilst fishing ?

No, you cannot do that. Remember, the transducer is not "sending" a signal. The sounder (TZT3 or FCV800 in our case) is using the transducer to generate sound pulses and then listen for the returns. Two sounders could not use the same transducer at the same time. However, with a dual frequency transducer such as a B265LH, with suitable cabling it would be possible to have one sounder using the high frequency element of the transducer and another using the low frequency element. But you cannot have both sounders using both frequencies at the same time.

Okay many thanks. I figured that this might be the case.
I'm looking forward to setting it all up and nice to know that there is a forum out there with others who know about the gear.

Okay many thanks. I figured that this might be the case.
I'm looking forward to setting it all up and nice to know that there is a forum out there with others who know about the gear.
If you will be keeping the FCV800 and adding the TZT 3, you might think about also adding an inexpensive second transducer such as a B60 or B164 that would have a wider beam angle than the B265LH and connecting it to the second sounder. Especially if you don't have a DFF-3D that gives you a very wide coverage area, a B60 will show you quite a bit more area under the boat. This can be helpful when trolling or searching for bottom fish. Unlike the FCV800, the internal TZT3 sounder will permit you to select the operating frequency of the sounder with a broad band transducer, which reduces interference.

Back