New build with XL's

Saltybrad

I am building a new vessel and am planning on installing the new 22XL's. I am going to be using the Mercury V10's. I would like to use a Furuno TZT9 to function as the vessel view gauge and also function a source for the 1k transducer (175HW). Will this function similiar to the vessel view? I also would like to keep track of my fuel burned. Does Furuno have a fuel management system that will give you an estimated range, fuel burn rate, and total fuel used on a trip?
I just want to make sure I cover my bases, the other option would I would have to use the Mercury Vessel View and purchase a DFF1 uhd as well as a DFF3 uhd to power my two transducers.

The XL system (and other Furuno items) needs to see NMEA 2000 engine data PGNs. This is normally done via either a Mercury gateway or a Mercury vessel view system. You might consider a gateway and rather than using the TZT9F or TZT10x, consider the lower cost and very capable GP1971F or GP1871F. They offer great engine displays and it would offer you some backup GPS if not buried too far into the boat. I suppose it depends if you want full NavNet features at that unit or just a unit to be primarily for gauges.

Back