DFF3D Historical View

JohnnyBoy

New to Furuno - bought the TZT16, TM260, and DFF3D as I thought this would be the ticket for looking for structure in 250-400' of water in the GOM. I CANNOT get the 3d historical view to show any rocks, barges, etc. on the bottom even though I have a Garmin right next to it (and yes, I did turn the Garmin completely off for testing to verify no frequency interference) showing a barge - rock - tons of fish. The tri-beam Furuno display (on the split screen) does show some of the structure and fish, but it's nowhere near as clear as the Garmin. Nothing on the 3d view - I'm completely frustrated!
I need some help....
Thanks

JohnnyBoy,

Would it be possible to post a few some pictures regarding this issue..? :unsure:

-Deep Blue

DB: Thank you for the reply. I will post some pictures but the boat is 355 miles from me :confused: As soon as I can get back to it I will send. It's very strange, but I'm convinced I don't have settings done correctly. It shows the bottom depth correctly but as mentioned when I ran over the barge it didn't show any change in the bottom and no fish at all (but the barge and the fish showed up slightly on the triple beam screen).
I dunno....
Thanks again.

Back