Network connection

garthpaine

hi everyone. I just purchased a second hand TZT14 - it is in nice condition, but I can not find anywhere how to connect to a wifi or ethernet network. The GENERAL menu simply has no network items to select from

TZT14 - 3.jpg

This is the unit

TZT14 - 1.jpg

TZT14 - 1 (1).jpg

It is most likely a unit sold in a country where wifi wasn't certified and not installed or one that was owned by the government and disabled. If connected with other units, the other units can feed the weather information to this one but unfortunately this one will never be able to connect to wifi.

Interesting thank you - perhaps this is a warning to peeps not to purchase from an eBay dealer in Miani who seems to have a few of these.
Is there any way I can check to see if the hardware is there? and if it is is there any way I can turn it on? thanks for your advice Johnny

I am also interested that when I try to register the unit on the Furuno webs it says the serial number does not exist. is that just that it's too old to register? or might it be a fake unit somehow?

At the FurunoUSA.com website the key word is USA. Products sold outside of the USA sales and support area will not be in our database to be registered. It sounds like another indicator of a unit that was sold outside of North America. A unit that doesn't have the Wifi abilities when sold will not be able to have it after the fact.

Back