TZT 1 Date and Time is 2011

Tumeke

Hi there - I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.
I have a problem with my TZ touch 1 (I have 2 MFD’s installed in the boat), that has a Hemisphere GPS receiver (MD V104s)
It’s like it reset itself and now it shows the Date as Sept 2011
At the same time it also lost the tracking and transducers - but I have been able to reselect these. And they work fine.
I have googled and searched but cant find anything online to help me!

I have been told that the date and time is corrected by the GPS. Thought it would be the Hemisphere GPS not connecting to the MFD’s but it does connect - as it works and I have unplugged it and its says heading is lost. We have tracked all the wiring and it’s not damaged (or eaten by vermin).

It used to have a GP330B receiver but was upgraded by the previous owner to the hemisphere. But thats all he remembers.

When I go into Data acquisition it has the GP330b (but thats no longer used) and the WS-200 faded out. See photo
My feeling is the problem is related within the MFD’s - but in an area of the MFD I cant access. See data source photo

Is anyone able to tell me how to update the date and time?
I have been through all the settings in the menu and there is nothing obvious

Appreciate your input. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpeg
    IMG_1828.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1826.jpeg
    IMG_1826.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Assuming the Hemisphere output data is connected to the input wires of the IF-NMEA2K2 data converter, on the DATA SOURCE screen you should see all the GPS data (Pos, COG/SOG, date/time) in the VALUE column. This is not seeing any data coming in. The reason there is a date is because it is using the TZT14 internal CPU timer just like a PC.

I suggest starting at the IF-NMEA2K2 to ensure you have an amber PWR LED.

Next check the wiring from the GPS ant to the IF-NMEA2K2 especially at the splice/terminal connection point.

1696521271686.png

I forgot to come back to you...but Thank you very much. You were right. It was a problem with a connector plug. We managed to remove and connect a new one and it works as it should. Many thanks for your help!

Back