Need some help on updating software

wreckless

I have the early version of TZT14 with only one sd slot. I successfully loaded 6.02 but in following the instructions it says to do a master reset located under the software tab. I am unable to find either a software tab or master reset. Nothing in my manual either about a master reset.

I also am unable to update the sirius software. Upon inserting the sd card with the extracted files and starting the mfd I receive the messages boot up manager not found and press control alt delete to restart. I have tried formatting the sd with the furuno service app on the computer but still get the same message.

I will respond to my own post. I think I was able to update the Sirius and the Tide charts. Instead of doing as the instuctions said to insert the sd card then turn on the TZT, I turned on the TZT and when it lit up a bit I then inserted the sd card and I then saw on the screen that the chart copy succeeded. I don't know for sure but everything is working. I still do not know where the master reset or software tab are though.

To clear your understanding, there have been no hardware changes on the TZT14. The TZT14 has two SD card slots and always has. The left slot is covered by a cosmetic cover up panel (easily removed with fingernails) that normally covers the left slot. To clear a TZT14, press and old the HOME button during the entire power up process until the special menu comes us.

ok =, got that,
After my update I switched the chart orientation from heading up to north up. I can no longer switch the heading back on any type of chart. They are all now north up and the other option is gray and cannot be selected. My manual does not show another way to change it besides tapping on the icon in the lower right corner which does not do it either.

Is your heading data source turned on and heading showing up correctly on the display? Maybe you forgot to turn on the pilot or the source of your heading?

Its been a year since I have used the mfd and I was just getting it started and doing the update. I do not have a pilot. Do I need to have selected a destination waypoint for that function? It was working when I turned on the TZT, it only stopped when I changed the setting to north up and then the option was no longer available.

I am not clear what your asking. What is your heading source (noted that you don't have a pilot)? If you don't have heading, you can't change between Heads up and North up.

Thanks for your continued interest.
"After my update I switched the chart orientation from heading up to north up. I can no longer switch the heading back on any type of chart. They are all now north up and the other option is gray and cannot be selected. My manual does not show another way to change it besides tapping on the icon in the lower right corner which does not do it either."

I do not have an autopilot. My unit was giving me heading up on the charts when I turned it on this year for the first time. After I switched it to north up I could not change it back. My manual does not mention auto or that I need to do anything other than make the choice on the screen. So my question was what do I need to do to switch to heading up on the charts? Is it conditional to being underway or perhaps needing to be going to a waypoint? I have generally run heading up over the past. Do I need to be using a waypoint?

I can't assist further unless you can tell me the source of your heading data. Please contact your local dealer of onboard assistance.

The source of my heading would have be the gps. There is an antenna. The total network of electronics are a TZT14, SiriusXM weather, and a transducer and it's box and a gps antenna. I do not have a compass unit nor an autopilot and previously could put charts in heads up.

GPS provides COG not heading. COG isn't suitable for radar overlay and allowing chart modes which you are looking for. Sitting still you can't change mode unless you have a heading source. When moving 3 knots or better (when COG is considered valid) you should be able to change to course up with an established GOTO or activated Route. You must be moving and must have an established GOTO. If you never had a heading source then this must be what you remembered when you could change modes. Try moving the boat with an active destination and then try that selection.

thumbnail.jpegThanks as soon as I pushed out off the dock and started forward I was able to change to heads up. No waypoint put in. I am now having another problem. The mfd reboots every 100 seconds. I never did the master reset, so I tried holding the power button as it booted up and received the attached screen image. I did not find anything called master reset, is there another name? Should I start over with a new install of 6.02?

ok, I found the tutorial on doing a master reset, found the clear all and did it, then reinstalled points and trails. I still have the problem that the unit reboots every 100 second. I checked the voltage to the unit and it was 13.7 so its not a voltage issue. I will try reinstalling the update and see it still does it.

Still have the problem that the TZt14 reboots every 100 seconds. I again followed the instructions to create the formatted card, transferred the files. Installation confirmed, did a master reset, reinstalled waypoints etc. Still reboots every 100 seconds.

I did as you suggest, sent a message to tech support. I discovered that the problem only occurs when the sirius is connected. I am currently on pause with the service but the problem has occurred after putting in the recommended update for sirius after updating it using the file from furuno. I don't know if there is a way to roll back but for now I guess all I can do is leave that ethernet connection off.

Sirius has been doing a lot of shuffling of channels this year. These changes have been seeing a few problems with Sirius weather. For example those with the BBWX3 and BBWX4 have been reporting no marine zones for Canada. This is something Sirius is looking into. Some of the older BBWX1 and BBWX2 weather boxes best used direct to an MFD because having them on the hub or being the hub seems to slow the network with faster sensors and newer software. BBWX1/BBWX2 use the older Sirius Satellites while BBWX3 and BBWX4 use the XM Satellites.

Not sure which BBX box I have and I am away for next two weeks but I did not have any issues with the unit until I did all the updates. I have turned on the mfd before this and it ran fine for extended times and running out two miles to the bay and back. Problem only occurred after the update of 6.02 and the Sirius update for running on 6.o2. I am not sure if I am connected directly to the mfd or to the network from the bbx but I will check that out too. The only thing I can think of that I did wrong possibly is that when I did the master reset I did not disconnect the lan cord to the sirius.

Back