Maximum Track Points Reached

Candyman

I just updated my electronics with 2 - TZT12F's, B175HW/12 transducer, DRS4DNXT Radar, 711 Nav Pilot; then I went fish'n. Now about 20 trips into the new electronics I have this "Maximum Track Points Reached" on my screen. Yes I leave the tracks turned on. What should I be doing? Saving the tracks after each trip while deleting the ones I don't need? Can I salvage any of these tracks by saving them? I'm learning this system on the fly and it's simple enough to figure out but I don't have a clue with this situation.

HOME - SETTINGS - SHIP & TRACK - turn ON, automatic track deleting

Or you can backup your track information and delete the track to free up track points. Normally if you setup your tracks by distance under SHIP & TRACK and not have it drop too often, the tracks can last much longer than running by TIME where you are using track points even sitting at the dock.

Ugh, I'm at this same point.

On my way back from the Bahamas a couple weeks ago I get the dreaded message. I swear Furuno should include a huge poster inside the box stating what to do to prevent this! :lol:

I feel like a lot of us come from Garmin where the tracks seem to be unlimited...years and years with no storage issues.

@jonny what would you recommend I do? I hate to lose my old tracks as I have some through some very skinny water that was new to me, but I'm not sure I have much of an option. Just start to erase old ones but put my new settings to distance?

It important to setup the tracks properly for the needs. Time is normally the worst way because it will drop tracks while the unit is running just sitting at the dock for hours. Normally I recommend distance with a reasonable interval. With that the tracks can normally last weeks and be backed up or converted to a route for more permanent storage. Product development is working on changing tracks in the future that will change up options.

I have another question. Today I went down to my boat and saved some of the tracks to routes. I saved the other tracks to a micro chip and deleted all of the tracks. Everything worked perfectly but when I went into my routes and selected a route it functioned fine but I could not stop the route. I touched the route line hopeing it would give me a way to cancel the route but I had no luck. How do I stop a route that is selected?

If you are sure it is a route, you touch the active route line and select "Stop Nav". Most times the NavBar at the top will also have a stop sign that says "STOP", you can hit that also to stop navigation. If it is the tracking you are talking about (not route); you can stop track recording by swiping the right side of the screen to the center to pull out the selection box and toggle the "Track Recording" selection.

Johnny Electron":3bnkxzv2 said:
It important to setup the tracks properly for the needs. Time is normally the worst way because it will drop tracks while the unit is running just sitting at the dock for hours. Normally I recommend distance with a reasonable interval. With that the tracks can normally last weeks and be backed up or converted to a route for more permanent storage. Product development is working on changing tracks in the future that will change up option.

That's good to hear. hopefully it's not something that we will have to back up or save to another chip and/or computer.

Would be great to just have years worth of tracks how I've had on other units. Ive really never used my computer for anything to do with my GPS in the past. It's nice to have all these tracks on my GPS for areas that are unfamiliar/new. A lot of skinny areas I ran in the Bahamas and/or Keys that would be nice to have when I'm in the area.

Look forward to any updates.

I installed a new TZTouch3 system on a friend's boat and they had the same issue with tracks.
Furuno needs to change the track default from time to distance. The default setting should also be to delete old track points but a warning would be nice when you have reached 90% of track point capacity. Then you would know to save them off or whatever.
It's really inconvenient to be so limited on track points. As others have mentioned, it seems like Garmin units have a much higher capacity to store tracks.

Hopefully a fix will come soon. So we can have a vast amount of our tracks for certain occasions.

I changed the settings this past week during a few days down in the Keys.

Randomly it stopped the tracks for some reason on day 2. I'm not sure why it randomly stopped. I had to check the little circle for tracks on the navigation screen for it to start again.

Then the next day I went out again and it stopped once again. I'm familiar with the area so I didn't even bother looking into it again...but if there is something I might be missing, please let me know.

Back