Track recording

mikek

Furuno Fan
Whenever maximum track points are reached, track recording is automatically stoped. I have it set to automatically delete the oldest track once it reaches maximum. Is there a setting I am missing for it to not automatically stop recording tracks? I don’t think it did this in any software versions of the TZT2. Thanks.

It is exactly the same in the most recent TZT2 software versions.

MENU - SETTINGS - SHIP & TRACK - AUTOMATIC TRACK DELETE - ON/OFF.

If it is set to ON and the tracks are full, it will automatically delete the oldest track point to drop it as a new one. If set to OFF, it will not delete any tracks. Once tracks are full, it will stop dropping tracks until available memory space is made available.

If yours is set to ON and not dropping tracks, it is most likely related to either having tracks hidden (swipe up from bottom) or not having your track recording turned on (Swipe left from right side of screen).

Auto track deleting is set to on. Track recording will be turned on from the right side slide out menu and it will be recording tracks fine. Throughout the day it will randomly turn of track recording. I have had this happen most days. Yesterday I noticed the yellow alarm message that maximum track points were reach. The message just flashed for a few seconds on the top of the screen and goes away on its own. Shortly after I noticed track recording was turned off; it was on before and recording fine. Is there some other reason why it will automatically stop recording tracks? its doing it on both my TZT3 and TZT2 that is running software V7.

The only thing I could think of is it might be possible that the machine (one of them) turns off track recording when you turn off your machines. It could be a software bug we are not aware of yet, maybe related to the v7 beta you are running. See if you can find a pattern to the issue. In the meantime we will start some of our own testing of the problem.

I wanted to triple check all my settings and now more confused.

It doesn’t look like the TZT2 and TZT3 share tracks. So my TZT2 was still recording tracks, Yes, the track is on land in the pic, all displays were on and sounder was on standby, boat was on the trailer. I primarily use the TZT2 as the sounder. It also only has 900 track points.

The TZT3 still had track recording turned on but was not recording, it reached maximum points but looks like it was deleting the oldest because it has 29,XXX points recorded.

I think you are probably right there is some software bug somewhere especially since the TZT3 had recording turned on but was not recording. Are the TZT2 and TZT3 able to share tracks between units? Everything else seems to share between the units.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• FD318B9C-7513-4354-B808-3B4DB861915C.jpeg
    FD318B9C-7513-4354-B808-3B4DB861915C.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 1,207
Sorry, will only let me add pics one at a time due to size

Attachments

• 8082A3A8-17A5-4D6D-92D9-1035E1D273FA.jpeg
    8082A3A8-17A5-4D6D-92D9-1035E1D273FA.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 1,209
I also had to reduce the size so they are a little hard to see.

Attachments

• 07AA5A48-2A38-44BC-8D0E-6099CD52B6DB.jpeg
    07AA5A48-2A38-44BC-8D0E-6099CD52B6DB.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,208
Last pic showing the amount of track points

Attachments

• 3AA15F30-2D6C-4F90-BDF2-065F9D5CEFC2.jpeg
    3AA15F30-2D6C-4F90-BDF2-065F9D5CEFC2.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 1,207
Tracks are independent by display. They are NOT shared. So it is possible to turn ON recording for one unit and have the other recording turned off. If you wanted to move a track you could move it between units via USB or just touch it and convert to a route. (trackback feature) Once a route; routes are shared between MFDs. So you are saying the TZT3 with track recording ON with it not hidden, and the auto delete ON, that it isn't working? We tested ours and it worked fine. We tested v7 beta and TZT3 separately and found no repeat of your problem. We are about to test them working together on the same network.

Okay, that makes sense about the sharing.

Yes, TZT3 tracks were on. What is the hidden feature you are referring too? Is it possible the track is recording but just not displaying because I have a setting selected making the track hidden?

The problem with it recording track only occurs after it has reached maximum track points. When you test it do you have a way to reach maximum track points?

Honestly, I’m getting a little confused with it and should probably go back out and run the boat and see what happens. What I can tell you for certain is yesterday I left on the boat and the TZT3 was recording tracks, it was turned on. It was a short trip and in the middle I saw the maximum track points reached message. I later noticed the track was not being displayed. I turned the units off. Today when I went to check them I turned the TZT3 on and the tracking recording was turned on (I never turned it on or off yesterday) but there was no track recorded for the previous day.

Okay so here is how it works. If you swipe from the bottom (up) there is a selection for hiding your tracks. This selection will gray out and not be changeable when your recording is turned ON, so you need to turn off recording to change this selection choice. We tested the TZT3 with and without it being mixed with TZT2 v7b and found no problem. If we had Auto track delete turned ON, it recorded to maximum and kept on ticking just fine. If we had auto track delete turned OFF, it would record to maximum then it would stop dropping(recording) tracks and gray out the track record selection. You either have to turn the auto delete ON or manually delete the tracks to get recording to be selectable again. When the TZT3 is set to track recording the selection will be YELLOW when ON and WHITE when OFF.

Yesterday while fishing I paid close attention to it. All of the settings are the way you described for tracks to auto delete, tracks are not hidden and recording is turned on.

Every time I get to 30,000 tracks it stops recording. The track recording option is yellow and it turns gray after hitting maximum track points. It did it twice while I was watching the display. If I slide out the right menu and turn recording back on, it will record and auto delete tracks.

What’s the procedure to do a hard reset on it? I would like to try that and see if there are any changes. Thanks.

I did the reset through the menu but wasn’t able to get the full reset done. It’s in a 12” TZT3 so I’m not sure if the procedure is different since the 12” has the unique power button.

Did 2 trips after resetting the unit thru the menu and its still turning the tracks off. Had a friend on the boat watch it and he saw the same thing I did. I’m not sure what else to try and it really isn’t that big of a deal. I have gotten accustomed to turning them back on now.

Can you provide the full software shown by getting captures of the QUICK SELFTEST under the installation menu? I wonder if something didn't update properly before it shipped.

Hopefully these pics work.

Attachments

• 8E4DD282-AEFF-4FBD-9B9A-DA3A6E5210CC.jpeg
    8E4DD282-AEFF-4FBD-9B9A-DA3A6E5210CC.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,332
Here is the last one. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1A902C5E-7329-4D7E-8787-22EE0DEC60AF.jpeg
    1A902C5E-7329-4D7E-8787-22EE0DEC60AF.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,331
Software all looks fine Mike. We are going to do some more shop testing to see if we can duplicate and get to the bottom of it.

We still haven't been able to duplicate the symptoms. Your auto delete feature seems to work because the notice message goes away by itself. The message will continue showing if auto delete feature is OFF or does not work. The auto delete apparently has been changed slightly in how it worked in the past with TZT2. When the tracks get full, it deletes oldest 150 track points even if it is a long long track full at 30000 pts. I guess if you are quickly using those 150 points then it again hits max and sends you a notice. If you backed up the track and started at zero then it would be a lot of time before you max out again. Could you maybe PM me a copy of your full track file so we can use it in our testing? What is the source of GPS you have set as your primary source in your sensor list? Maybe and older GPS source is used that has a time/date rollover issue.

Sure, I’ll save the tracks and send them to you next time. I’m on the boat.

The gps source is the SCX20. The system consisted of the following:

TZT3 12”
TZT2 12”
Navpilot 300
SCX20
NXT Dome radar

Everything is networked together and works amazingly except for this one little issue.

Thanks for helping me out with it.

Back