Ipad, Iphone app not displaying fish finder

apw

I want to view the fishfinder on the TZT14 from a remote location. I have a used boat with TZT14 (from 2018) and followed the manual to set up a local wifi network and connected to my iphone (and Ipad) to view the TZT remotely. I am able to connect via the available apps on the iphone and ipad to the network and see the instruments and other data. However, on the "fish" option, I only see a display of the depth. No sonar reading from the fish finder. I would like to be able to view the fishfinder from the cockpit using the Ipad or iphone to confirm structure i=on the bottom and fish in the water column. Any help or hints appreciated. thanks.

It sounds like you might be using the Viewer app. iOS has an issue with viewing the sounder screen with that app. I would recommend using the NavNet "Remote" app that provides full control of the MFD. This way you will be able to not only see the sounder but also fully control it.

Yes, thanks. I did try the viewer and the remote apps. Remote app shows the instrument data and depth- no sounder. On the remote app on my iPhone, the app program was showing only "searching for NAVNET" screen. When I get back to the boat I will be sure this wifi network is active and try again.

The remote app should show exactly whatever is on the main screen (mirror with control) whenever you have established a good connection. If the sounder is working on the MFD, it will work and show on the remote app.

Back