Intro post a 9 pin connector.

Hello everyone. I've heard for a long while about Furuno customer service and general support in the community.
I just bought another commercial work boat. An airslot 24, made by Wellcraft. Found it in a barn incredible shape almost like a time capsule really. It's got some older technology in the electronics, but it's all in great shape with one exception. The 9 pin connector that goes from the Furuno 1623 display head unit, to the antenna itself, rsb-0093 is missing. (Mice in mendocino are hungry.) I've emailed around to a few of my local furuno dealers. No luck. Any ideas?

You can still purchase replacement scanner cables for the 1623 radar. You will find the assorted length options posted under the 1623 accessories page from the Furuno USA website (www.FurunoUSA.com)

Thank you but I'm trying to avoid paying $275 for a cable that is 99.9 percent ok. I can buy a complete used 1623 and antenna for 275 on ebay. Any info on the connector itself would be appreciated. Thank you again for the reply.

The connector is Hermetically sealed on to the wires at factory (basically melted on) so there is no connector that you can purchase. If the connector at the display is damaged you would replace the cable.

I tried to upload a pic of the connector. This one isn't "hermetically" sealed, this is a standard crimped pin connector. If I have to I'll find a diagram and just use female spade receptacles, i will. Too much electronic waste in landfills and i'm "diy till I die". Thanks again for the info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-13-17-24-57.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-13-17-24-57.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 1,553
The one that is sealed is at the other end (at the display). The connector on the radar side. The connectors are reusable. You can depin them and put new pins on the wires, reusing the existing connector. That is what is called a VH9 connector. The pins are part number 000-100-049. The 9 pin housing if yours is damaged is part number 000-505-893.

Johnny Electron":14b0w5fr said:
The one that is sealed is at the other end (at the display). The connector on the radar side. The connectors are reusable. You can depin them and put new pins on the wires, reusing the existing connector. That is what is called a VH9 connector. The pins are part number 000-100-049. The 9 pin housing if yours is damaged is part number 000-505-893.

Thank you. That is the EXACT info i was looking for. Excellent!

Back