10 pin female data connector for 1621 radar

A

Anonymous

Anyone know where I might get the connector for the 1621 Radar data cable - it's a 10 pin female and is the same for 1623, 1712, 1715 & probably more. It was cut off during a refit with the intention of rejoining the cable to it when the mast was refitted and the connector has vanished - probably thrown in the bin by mistake.

Apparently it isn't available as a spare part, Furuno tell me, and I have to buy a complete cable if I want the radar back up and running. It is the same connector as used on some Airmar transducers which have the same profile and fitting and has 10 pins. Unfortunately although the connector has the same 10 pins not all the pins are actually present - just empty holes where the pins should be.

Any advice appreciated.

Since the connector is hermetically sealed (melted on) Furuno Japan doesn't have replacement connectors. As they told you, the cable would normally be replaced. You might try calling around to some local Furuno dealers to see if they have a used cable that you can cut off a pigtail from and do a splice. The shortest (10meter) cable is part number 001-122-780.

Back