External KP

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
I am still struggling with the interference between my DFF-3D and the high frequency CHIRP side of my internal TZT 3 sounder driving a B175H.

For other reasons, I am thinking of adding a DI-FFAMP to my system. Both the DFF-3D and the DI-FFAMP support external KP, which is not possible with the internal TZT 3 sounder.

If I add the DI-FFAMP and connect the external KP cables, will the synchronization of the two sounders eliminate the interference without using the filter, which does not eliminate all of it especially if using the high frequency CHIRP in bottom zoom mode ? I don't like having to turn off my DFF-3D and losing the wide beam display, which is the only fully effective way to eliminate the interference noise.

While you can run KP, you will not be able to use the B175H with the DI-FFAMP. The DI-FFAMP is for 2 and 2KW transducers and will not work with the B175H 1KW transducer.

Johnny Electron":219vw34x said:
While you can run KP, you will not be able to use the B175H with the DI-FFAMP. The DI-FFAMP is for 2 and 2KW transducers and will not work with the B175H 1KW transducer.

Okay that makes it easy. I thought the DI-FFAMP would be like the DFF3 that allows setting power output at 1,2, or 3kW.

I was out fishing today and tried lowering the transmit power on the DFF-3D, which did not really help. Even with the filter at high, I see saw vertical lines on the HF sounder display.

Perhaps the folks in Japan could incorporate a filter specific to 165kHz in the TZT3 sounder software or allow specification of a custom frequency range as seems possible with the DI-FFAMP.

I am probably not the only customer who will be somewhat frustrated by two pieces of Furuno equipment interfering with one another since the DFF-3D is marketed as part of the TZT 3 system.

Quitsa how much interference are you getting? I am running the same setup and with interference set to auto it eliminates it. Or at least its so low I dont notice. With interference set to a lower setting its very obvious.

Quitsa":31hsd48y said:
Perhaps the folks in Japan could incorporate a filter specific to 165kHz in the TZT3 sounder software or allow specification of a custom frequency range as seems possible with the DI-FFAMP.

I am probably not the only customer who will be somewhat frustrated by two pieces of Furuno equipment interfering with one another since the DFF-3D is marketed as part of the TZT 3 system.

+1 on this. Would be great if you could use the TZT3 to set a B175HW to be 170-250 so as not to interfere with the DFF3D.

Inconceivable":g3fhaxp0 said:
Quitsa":g3fhaxp0 said:

+1 on this. Would be great if you could use the TZT3 to set a B175HW to be 170-250 so as not to interfere with the DFF3D.

I complained on here about not being able to set the frequency on the tzt3 internal sounder and was told thats coming in a future update...

DeepSouthTX":3zktu5q1 said:
Quitsa how much interference are you getting? I am running the same setup and with interference set to auto it eliminates it. Or at least its so low I dont notice. With interference set to a lower setting its very obvious.

It is pretty noticeable to me. There are small vertical lines evenly spaced horizontally and at different depths. They are very conspicuous if you use bottom zoom.

My experience with the interference filter is quite different. The auto setting does very little. Only setting it on high gets it down to a reasonable level.

I went fishing today and paid some attention to this. On auto its still there but just a tic every now and then. Still not optimal, I hear where your coming from. On my boat HIGH erases all of it. But it also looks to filter out some other information as well. As there was a change in the thickness of my bottom return.

DeepSouthTX":2uwl92kj said:
I went fishing today and paid some attention to this. On auto its still there but just a tic every now and then. Still not optimal, I hear where your coming from. On my boat HIGH erases all of it. But it also looks to filter out some other information as well. As there was a change in the thickness of my bottom return.

Sounds as though we have more or less identical experience. Try using HF CHIRP bottom zoom with the DFF-3D transmitting if you haven't done so. That's when the interference is most noticeable even with the filter set on high.

I hope Furuno comes up with a fix. I wonder if the model of the HF transducer and the mounting locations makes a difference. I have a B175H tilted element for HF, which is mounted about 8" outboard and a few inches aft of the B54 transducer for the DFF-3D, which is recessed into the keel.

Back