TZT 3 External KP

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
I was looking over the summary of changes in the version 2 software that was posted on the Furuno USA website. It says that a cable to permit external KP synchronization between a DFF-3D and the internal TZT16L sounder will become available and is supported by the software update. However, it also says that heaving compensation will not work if the external KP is enabled on the DFF-3D.

What's confusing is that it also says that if configured the other way around with a DI-FFAMP, heaving compensation will work. But why isn't this also true without a DI-FFAMP once the new software is installed? Is that an error in the document?

I would like to solve the interference issue between the HF on the TZT3 internal sounder and the DFF-3D but I don't have a DI-FFAMP. This makes it sound as though I would have to sacrifice the heaving compensation to do it.

It sounds like a document error because the DI amp is using the TZT3 internal fishfinder as its sounder source. I will ask for clarification. I can confirm that if KP is used, it isn't possible for heaving compensation to work. It is a choice between one or the other. This is the same for TZT/TZT2 and TZT3. IR filtering can help cope with some cross talk when running sounders on freqs that cross over, if you don't have KP.

I don't expect adding the DI box changes that restriction.

As you noted, we have started posting some documents on the site as V2 release is prepared for release. We expect that the software should be available on our website, by mid next week.

Thanks. The document is very clear as in the attached that heaving will work with the DI-FFAMP so a clarification is needed -- though I hope it's the other way around and that it turns out KP and heaving compensation are available with a TZT 3 internal sounder and DFF-3D.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.33.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.33.10 AM.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 741
So if Im running the Dff3D and a High Wide Chirp single band Airmar 165. Do I need to attach a cable for the external KP or do I just turn it on.

MikeR13":2f0f5n7u said:
So if Im running the Dff3D and a High Wide Chirp single band Airmar 165. Do I need to attach a cable for the external KP or do I just turn it on.

Do you have a DFF-3D? It's the 165Hz signal from the DFF-3D that creates the interference with the high frequency internal CHIRP side of the TZT 3 sounder. You would not have any problems if you don't have the DFF-3D. Even if yo do have a DFF-3D, setting the interference filter to "high" will largely eliminate the noise from the interference on the HF sounder display.

Back