DRS2D unable to update firmware

Bigscotty34

Hi, I have recently bought a 2nd hand DRS2D, I am unable to update the firmware to v1.18 using a pc.When I go to step 2 in the firmware update instructions to cycle the power to the radar, nothing happens. Anyone any ideas. I do not have access to a MFD. Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings, please check your PC's network settings. Assign a static IP of 172.31.73.21 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, with no GW to your PC if you haven't done so. Additionally, it is recommended to disable any firewalls, anti-virus, pop-up blockers, etc. temporarily for this update. It is a batch process via the command prompt and requires the radar to detect the PC during it's boot up routine. If it reboots and P0>connection IPaddress does not connect or show the IP address of your radar, most likely it's an issue with your PC's settings. When setup properly, the radar connects and starts the firmware update process completing to 100% as indicated in the prompt window.

Of course, Furuno USA has a repair and service facility in Camas, WA. You are free to send in the dome to our service center for an evaluation and software update. Contact Furuno USA technical support for details.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

If you are programing the dome, it must have power connected. It will not accepting programming without power.

Back