Data Source Error?

nlol

My TZT12F Settings>Initial Setup>Yamaha Engine Setup>Engine & Tank Manual Setup>Data Source, value shown is 6HD8591A00. I have no idea where this value came from. It is incorrect. My engine, bought new, 2020 Yamaha F250, serial number is 6HDX1006nnn. Manual Setup seems to not allow editing this field. "Reset Engine Interface" and "Reset Engine Instance" and "Automatic Engine Installation" seem to do nothing. I acquired the MFD new - received it in an unopened box. Engine was bought new. Engine is connected to MFD thru NMEA2K network. Continuity and short circuit checks show no problems.

The reason this is important is I'm receiving "Unknown Engine" error messages. I suspect the incorrect value in the Data Source field is the cause. Thinking out-loud; but perhaps not. Perhaps, that's the correct ID for the engine's sensor module. So, what I'd really like to know:

1) What to check/do to fix the "Unknown Engine" error message and there-by get engine data on my MFD Instrument Display?

2) What are "Reset Engine Interface" and "Reset Engine Instance" for?

Thanks

Those settings relate to talking to the Yamaha gateway/interface.
By the sound of your errors and information; your system might be missing a very important gateway. It is not allowed to tie the Yamaha bus directly to the 2000 bus. They are not the same. Not only will you get lots of uncontrollable errors but damage might occur. Have you confirmed the gateway is installed? What is the part number of the gateway, if one is used?

Back