Connecting iPad to TZ2

trommer

With onboard wifi, will my ipad/iphone TZ2 apps work if the TZTL12F is connected to the wifi? Or, do I need to set up the separate internal LAN?

The wifi is either going to host a connection to your tablet or be a host to the marina/boat wifi to get weather and use the cloud to sync points etc. (not both) If you take one MFD and connect to the internet it can feed the weather and cloud. The other units could be setup to host any tablets for running "NavNet remote" or any other of the many established apps. What you never want to do is leave a unit setup looking for internet connections and not connect to one of them. That constant searching will eat a ton of CPU time and will affect your unit operations. Connect OR, turn it OFF wifi, OR host a connection to tablets.

So, if my mfd is connected to my onboard WiFi and my iPad/iPhone is connected to the same WiFi, my apps should work?

I only have 1 MFD TZ2. I have PC based Time Zero too. I want to be able to use my iPad apps to read/adjust the TZ2.

Back