Chart shows boat on land?

I have a mfd 12 with a 320 gps antenna. I am running cmap chart. When in a narrow channel it shows my boat on land along the shore line. Probably off by 50 yards. Is this a setting problem or is my antenna failing?

Rockbottom,
Thank you for your inquiry. There are few possible causes for the issue you are reporting. First, might simply be an improper rendering of the chart data. Temporarily switch the chart selection to the pre-loaded NOAA raster and then the vector charts. Do these charts properly render this area? If so, its likely that the source C-Map used for data for this area we was not the official NOAA charts. You can file a discrepancy report directly on the C-map.com website.
Secondly, it is possible that the zoom in / zoom out range of the chart that you are viewing is not the native scale of the chart (i.e. you have OVERZOOMED) the chart information. Page 2-4 of the operators manual explains how to determine if you are viewing an acceptable scale of the chart (by the color of the magnifying icon in the range indicator box).
Finally, its unlikely that your GP320B is providing an inaccurate position information. When the GPS antenna fails there is simply NO position information being displayed. Page 14-5 of the operators manual describes how to verify the GPS status, The lower the DOP value the better/stronger the positioning accuracy.

Back