BBWX3

CDIVE

My BBWX3 was working fine but as of a few days ago it is no longer communicating on the network.

The device shows on all three of my TZT3s, with the IP address but the line is greyed out.

All LEDs on the BBWX3 are normal. I am not sharing the antenna for audio.

Power cycling the whole system did not help. Also confirmed that my SiriusXM subscription is current & sent refresh to the radio.

Is there a way to check/reset the IP address on the unit or is that all handled automatically by the Furuno system?

Thanks >> Joe

The BBWX3 has a fixed IP address and can not be wrong. The IP address doesn't show in the sensor list but the main BBWX3 unit should show and be bright white. If it is grayed out; it is not being seen on the network. You might want to check the hub and associated cables. For troubleshooting you might try taking the BBWX3 directly to the MFD for testing.

Surprised to hear that IPs are assigned at the factory but understandable.
I suspect that the unit has gone bad. The network LED is steady green and stays on when I unplug the network cable from the BBWX3.
Will the BBWX4 work with my older existing antenna? I understand that the connector remains the same.
Thanks >> Joe

The BBWX4 will come with a new antenna (included in package) but yes, you could use the one from the BBWX3 as long as it is good.

All fixed with the BBX4 replacement.

As noted, the old antenna & cable were reusable. However, the network & power cables are not interchangeable and needed to be replaced with the ones provided with the kit.

All good.

Thanks >> Joe

BBWX4 sound quality of Sirius radio output is horrible. All other inputs the sound is great, I placed a cd player into the AUX1 input and it played clearly, same input connected to BBWX4 audio output was horrible... Need a solution

It sounds like someone has turned up the volume really high on the MFD control of the BBWX4 and the audio is overdriven. Turn down the volume with the setting on the MFD and then turn up the volume on on your radio amp (aux in). Overdriven audio is awful.

Back