Zipwake Interface

Faceseas

Just wondering if any has experience interfacing the Zipwake trim tab system into the Furuno tzt3. I’m the zipwake will be on the network l, will they system recognize it?

Thanks. Thanks

The system will see it on the NMEA2000 network. I have not seen a method of interfacing like the ZipWake manual states that you can. What I have noticed though is that I have to turn on my ZipWake controller before turning on my NMEA network or the controller will not power up properly, but it will use my SCX-20 as it's GPS source. That is the only reason I have kept it on the NMEA network.

Last I checked Zipwake wasn't certified by NMEA.ORG for NMEA 2000. The few other cases I have seen with it was better on it's own rather than the main bus. I would be very lery of it if you leave it on the main bus.

My main reason for doing this is not to control it but in order to see the level of trim. Woould it do that by just putting it up to the NMEA network? Using the scx20 also a plus

I haven't really looked into displaying information from the ZipWake controller. Just being on the same network the ZipWake has no issue pulling the GPS data from the SCX-20. I will mess around with it this weekend to see if I can figure out if there is any information that I can display on the TZT3.

Back