Offline navigation?

I'm excited to finally have my TZTouch navigation system installed on my boat. This being winter, I've not had many opportunities to get on the water, but I was wondering if Furuno has an app for offline navigation planning.

For instance, is there a way to plug in latitude and longitude for waypoints while planning a trip on an app or a web browser, and then upload those waypoints on to the TZTouch system on the boat?

Apologies if this seems like a basic question; I'm still trying to learn the system.

Just to avoid any confusion, what you need to do first is register for a TZ My Time Zero Cloud account on a computer. https://login.mytimezero.com/

Then you connect your TZT on the boat to WiFi and use that login to connect the TZT on your boat to the Cloud account. It will synchronize and upload all of the waypoints on the TZT to the Cloud.

Then you have a couple of choices. I find the best is to use the TZ iBoat app on an iPad or iPhone to manage the waypoints and routes. The app is free but you have to buy the charts, which are not too expensive. Any changes you make on the iBoat app will synch to the TZT on the boat the next time it connects to WiFi. You can also just use the web version of My Time Zero to manage the waypoints, however, it is not nearly as flexible or easy to use as the app.

I use this all the time when planning offshore tuna trips. I will choose spots to fish based on the satellite temperature charts and information from friends and then make a route and waypoints on the iPad. Then when I get to the boat, all I have to do is turn on the TZT3s and my new route will be downloaded and ready.

I would also like to note that the charts for the TZ iBoat app are worth every penny when planning just about any fishing trip. The new bathymetry that they added recently is just simply stunning and I wish it was also native to the display itself.

again, really too bad not also for Android
(oh well, we have OpenCPN, which is not on iOS)

The charts on TZcloud seem pretty good, but apparently they are not identical to those available for Furuno TZT3 systems.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It’s a rainy Saturday morning here, so I’ve spent the last hour playing with the TZiBoat app. It’s amazing how you can customize it with all of the various layers showing vector vs raster charts, photographic overlays, weather, wind, and tide data, etc. I’ll try to link it with my Furuno system next time I’m on the boat

Back