Time Zero and NavNet TZ2

JohnO

Totally new to the Furuno setup. Our new-to-us boat has some nice Furuno gear, including the Navnet TZtouch 2. I'm trying to better understand Time Zero relative to TZT2. If I get TimeZero will waypoints and routes sync to the TZT2 (assuming cloud connection). I'm interested in using Time Zero for "offline" planning and uploading to the TZT2. Does it work that way, or do I have to have an on-board pc? Sorry for such a basic question, but I've researched extensively, and I don't find a thread that simply explains how I can use TimeZero with my TZT2. Thanks.

John

It will operate via cloud sync when connected to internet or you can connect your PC directly, assuming proper setup for the network. TimeZero's site might lend some clarity.

The TZ iBoat app also syncs with the TZ2. We do all of our planning on the app and it magically appears on the TZ2. The data can go through the cloud, or just through a common access point, or directly between the two.

If they have the right software versions they will also sync together via ethernet. If you are using Time Zero pro 4, you would use the latest software on the tzt2 (v8.01) if you using an earlier software version on the tzt2, it might be most compatible with Time Zero pro 3.

For offsite use, yes try the cloud syncing options.

Hi everyone

Regarding this post, i have a tzt3 16 conected to pc with time zero using ethernet and work perfectly. I set ip direction in the pc and recognise the tzt 3 in seconds , all fine.
Now a friend have a offer for purchase a tzt2 never used in good price and is asking me if can work in the same way. He have time zero in pc with latest version v4.
Can you confirm please that can work by ethernet with the time zero with TZT 2 ?
thanks!

TZT2 works exactly the same way. They only need to ensure that the versions of software match up. For example if running v3 TimeZero PC they would need to run v6 software on the TZT2. If running TimeZero PC v4 or v5, they would need to run v8 software on the TZT2.

Back