What IP address to use for a router to share cameras?

wkearney99

Furuno Super Fan
I want to use some IP cameras with my TZT16 plotters. They have to be on the 172.31.0.0/16 subnet. I'd like to also use the cameras from something else, not on the same subnet. I've read through a number of different documents online about 3rd party integration with the network, but at no point have I found anything resembling a comprehensive list of IP addresses that are compatible with it.

So my specific question is I'm putting a router on the 172.31.0.0/16 network to allow other devices not on the same subnet to access IP cameras on the 172.31.0.0/16 subnet. What IP address can I give the router so that it doesn't interfere with anything else on the TZT's network?

<sigh> IP network cameras a most certainly supported (the axis units, obviously), and they're not analog. And I'm not asking about ONVIF.

Yes, I understand that the *FURUNO* devices aren't going to use a routed connection off the network. That's fine, I'm not expecting them to do that. I'm asking that among the several thousand Class B network addresses possible on the 172.31.0.0/16 subnet WHICH ONES could be populated by a router that the CAMERAS might use. I want to avoid making use of a IP address that's already committed for something else.

Is there a known IP address list? There's bits and pieces of it scattered across a number of technical notices and documentation. I'd prefer to make a sensible choice, not just poke blindly.

I asked this same question a few months back and couldn't get an answer, but did confirm that I could use 173.31.200.7 for the NVR (which is basically a switch with DHCP turned off) as long as I wasn't going to install the device (can't remember what it was) that address was reserved for. It's been on my network for a few weeks and have no issues. I have one Axis camera and one amazon special on the NVR but only the Axis can be viewed on the Furuno MFD. I respected the Furuno IP camera IP assignments even thought they non-Axis camera was not addressable.

Axis IP addresses are:

Axis quad server address are:

FLIR IP is 172.31.200.9
FLIR JCU is 172.31.200.100
Sonar/HDMI streaming box is 172.31.200.24

These are the only supported IP video sources other than composite devices going straight into the MFD.

Back