vx2 sounder settings

A

Anonymous

HI GUYS HOW ARE YOU..
I HAVE A PROBLEMS WITH MY NAVNET 2 SOUNDER UNIT ..I AM RUNNING A ETR-30N SOUNDER MODULE AND A THREW HULL 2 KW TRANSDUCER..THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS TRYING TO GET THE BEST SETTINGS FOR IT IN HIGH AND LOW..I WAS OUT FISHING LAST WEEK IN 600 METRES OF WATER AND COULD NOT GET THE BOTTOM..I PLAYED AROUND ALOT WITH THE SOUNDER SET UP MENU..BUT THE MANUAL DOES NOT GIVE YOU MUCH HELP ON WHAT EACH SETTING DOES TO THE TUNING ..DO YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATION ON SETTINGS TO GET THE BEST PERFORMANCE..
CHEERS RICHARD
AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND :

What transducer(s) did you connect?
What TAP settings did you set the HIGH and LOW up for?
Did you setup the Vx2 software for the transducer frequencies?
Do you have any screen shots of what you are getting on the sounder; when in operation?
Snips will want pictures to help evaluate when he returns.

HI JOHNNY .THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY..THE TAP SETTINGS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO SET HAVE COME FROM FURUNO..THE TRANSDUCER IS A R199..THE SOFTWARE I HAVE NOT BEEN INTO ...I GOT THE GEAR FROM A HATTERAS THAT WAS A DEALER BOAT IN THE USA AND IT HAD COME TO NEW ZEALAND ..THE NEW OWNER REMOVED IT ALL FROM THE BOAT AND REPLACED IT WITH RAYMARINE...THE BOAT HAVE ONLY DONE 2 HOURS RUNNING ON THE CLOCKS SO ALL THE GEAR IS NEW.. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS TO GET OUT INTO DEEP WATER HERE IN AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND I HAVE TO TRAVEL ABOUT 80 MILES SO I DONT GET OUT THERE THAT OF OFTEN.. SHALLOW WATER IS GREAT..
CHEERS RICHARD

Richard,
In your first post you mentioned a thru-hull transducer and in your second you mention having a R-199 which is an in-hull style transducer. Can you carify exactly what transducer you are using? If you have the R-199 it should be in a yellow housing in the engineroom.

Snips

HI SNIPS Y
YES ITS INSIDE THE HULL SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION
CHEERS RICHARD

Richard,
You can re-varify the Tap settings "B" for 50Khz/"D" for 200khz, make sure the transducers are wired correctly and should use the sounder in the manual mode. You can try tweaking the target offset on 50Khz to see if that helps. In my opinion however the main reason for the lack of deep water performance is the transducer installation. You lose a lot of performance sending and receiving through the hull of a vessel. Here in the US, the number one complaint I hear at boat shows is about in-hull transducer installations.

Snips

HI SNIPS HOW YOU GOING CHEERS FOR YOUR REPLIES..CAN YOU GET A FAIRING BLOCK FOR THE R199 SO I CAN MOUNT IT ON THE OUT SIDE OF THE HULL ..CHEERS RICHARD

Richard,
The R-199 was designed to be mounted in a internal tank. Could it be mounted externally? Probably, but there is not a pre-made fairing for it.

Snips

Back