VX2 display reboots when radar turned on

kevinak47

I have an existing three display Navnet VX2 system that has been installed since 2012.

The displays are all three 10", and i have a 3' open array radar, black box sounder and AIS on the system.

Just today something new is happening. When I attempt to go into transmit on the radar it causes the screen on the display to go black and reboot.

I am thinking that potentially something in the Radar is taking too much power and causing this, but that is just my thought.

I am a bit afraid this morning to swap the radar cable to one of the other displays for fear of hurting that display since i am currently out to sea and need my system.

How would I go about troubleshooting this? I am an electronics tech by trade so I am capable with voltmeter, etc... but do ot have a schematic of the radar unt or troubleshooting guide or repair manual.

Thanks!

There are years of Vx2 threads on the forum. I would recommend searching the forum and reviewing those. The first item I would recommend is ensuring that you have the most current software available for the unit. Normally if related to the radar going to transmit it is due to a short in the radar scanner that needs evaluation. Most commonly the FETs on the Modulator or motor.

Back