Very wide angle transducer

Rmenendez,
Since it is a Chirp transducer I would try the UHD first.

Snips

Snips,

Ready to install this week and forgot to ask how to connect the switch. Should I splice the switch with the B265 cable's high Hz and connect the B175W at the DP/DT switch or use a different cable starting at the switch? If a new cable, any special requirements? Also, will do as you recommend and tie the shields together.

Thanks

Rmenendez,
If you have enough cable on the 265 here is one thought. I am assuming that your switch is going to be close to the sounder display. If so, I would cut maybe a 6-8" section out of the rubber jacket of the 265 cable, I would do this maybe 3' from the sounder or closer depending where your switch is going to be mounted. Once you have cut the rubber jacket away you will find the cables overall foil shield, once you get past this you will find two more shielded pairs (blue and pink). The HF side is the blue, inside you will find a solid blue and black wire with a bare shield. This is where I would put the switch, that way the reminder of the cable will continue on to the sounder. I would connect the HF shields together at the switch.

Snips

Thanks Snips. Yes, the switch will be very close to the DFF1, about 12-18 inches. Sounds very good as no extra wire. Thanks.

Back