V8 Software Upgrade

Beachman":bn5yjaox said:
Just bought new to me boat and I'm am very new to Furuno coming from Lowrance. I think i was successful on my update after a few emails to Furuno. If I can see the fish it and drift it function is it safe to say it upgraded? when i check for current software updates i get error message.

To verify you got it, navigate to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > (Scroll to bottom) Quick Self Test > System Version

*Note the last 3 digits of the System Version no. it should read 08.01.

If so, :respect congrats! :respect

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hey all - I know this is an old thread, but just getting around to updating the electronics on our somewhat new to us boat. Believe it or not, the TZTL 15F version we have running right now is v2! I'm following the directions, but having an issue with the TZT not recognizing the card and booting up as normal. That said, I am using a 64GB card (but it is Sandisk), so I'm going to go see if I can find a smaller one. Would there be any issue with me trying to update from such an old version and do I need to update to an intermediate version before trying this one? Much appreciated for any suggestions.

No problem going direct to v8. If possible get a microSD in a 4GB size (if not, 8GB max). Also, recommend 4 or 8GB USB stick since this is a two part update.

Back