Using MAC to configure FA-50 AIS unit

Myles

So, can I connect a MAC to the network of my Navnet VX2 system and use the browser to configure the FA-50?

If you lower all the firewalls and anti-virus programs, it should work. You would still need to change the PC iP address of the network card in order to speak with the FA50.

Thanks Johnny,
I will let you know how it goes...(a few weeks; I haven't purchased the FA-50 just yet)

Johnny Electron":t908xx83 said:
If you lower all the firewalls and anti-virus programs, it should work. You would still need to change the PC iP address of the network card in order to speak with the FA50.

System Preferences > Network > Connection > TCP/IP > Manual, 172.31.xxx.xxx. On MACs, depending on the version of OSX you may need to prioritize the connection in the network settings (set the connection to top). Open Safari, input the FA50 ip address in the navigation bar, and load the FA50 webpage.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Having same issue. Trying to configure software update with Mac OS10.12.6 Have new FA50 software, but do not understand how to 'run batch file nUPFA50'. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Back