Using CW and Chirp Transducer

jason808

Is it possible to connect the low frequency, (50kHz) from a b60, with a b175M to a tztouch3 12"?

I have been looking for thru hull transducers for the dff3d, and have been unable to find anything in stock. My goal is a temporary solution until I can find a 165t-b54 or 165t-ss54, although if anyone has one for sale please let me know :D .

I am looking for any other recommendations that could get me a really wide beam to see fish to the side of the boat. The b60 low has 45 degrees beam width, which I was hoping would make searching for bait alot easier. I am also open for any recommendations on a good transducer to complement the dff3d until I can install it. Local guys have recommended the b175M as a great transducer for Hawaii water, but the beamwidth is narrower then what I need.

Thanks!

jason808,

The TZT3's are equipped with a Built-in Dual Channel 1kW TruEcho CHIRP & CW Fish Finder. So you'll have to select using a CHIRP Transducer (B175M is 1kW at 85-130 kHz) , or using the CW Transducer (B60 which is 600 Watt with 50/200 kHz). However, you cannot use both of these types of transducers connected to the TZT3 at the same time. You'll need to pick either the CHIRP or CW Transducer and stick with it. You cannot mix CW/CHIRP transducers for the TZT3. :noway

Please note that the B60 transducer will provide you with the TZT3's RezBoost, ACCU-Fish, and Bottom Discrimination capability, and with AIRMAR's current delay on supplying transducers, finding the right transducer to fit your fishery could be a challenge.

A little food for thought, I do know of several boats on the West Coast that are using the B275LHW with the DFF3D, and they totally love that setup. It covers everything that they are fishing for, and they also like having the use of PBG.

- Deep Blue :)

you may need a custom harness to pull it off but you should be able to wire it up and run it as such

low chirp

bandwidth as small as possible, say 2 of 3 if possible

center frequency 50

high chirp

center frequency and bandwidth per b175h

Back