upgrade from NNVX2 to TZT2

A

Anonymous

Hey, I would like to upgrade one of my VX2's to the TZT2. I am waiting to get a retrofit kit, but wanted to know if that would simply be plug and play with my current power supply and transducer used for the VX2? I also have the sirius BBWX2 and need to upgrade to the BBWX3, is that also a simple replacement? TIA

If your current transducer is the typical 10 pin transducer connected to a DFF1 or older BBFF1 (ETR6/10N), it will fit the TZT2 perfectly and work fine. The TZT2 uses a different power cable but a new one comes in the box with your new TZT2 unit. You can keep the Sirius weather antenna and connect it to your new BBWX3. The data and power cable will need changed to the new ones that come with the unit. The removed unit and cables can be resold because there are many Vx2 customers seeking the BBWx1 and BBWX2 units because they can't use the newer BBWX3.

Ok, thank you for the info. Seems like a little work but overall a pretty easy change. I am keeping my other VX2 for radar. I do have a BFF1, but will probably just use the internal sounder of the new unit. Now I just need the retrofit kits to be available, seems like they won't be til end of June. Thanks again for the reply.

I recently swapped between the smaller VX2 and a TzT12 and the navnet2 power cord worked fine. Am I missing something?

Large 10.4" Navnet uses a larger cable than similar in size 12" TZT2. The 7" VX2 isn't normally fitted with a 12" replacement.. But if you do I still recommend cable replacement. The power cable comes with the TZT2.

Are you saying it's different gauge wire? The connectors are the same.
Thank you for the info!

Typically the wire gage can be diffrent and the fact that it has been on the boat for years where corrosion takes its toll. Being that it is provided with the unit I recommend the cable change. If you get a power cable that has been on the boat from NavNet one days and has corrosion in it; the current can be restricted resulting in low voltage to the unit and accompanying problems. You seem happy with your old cable. Glad it worked for you.

Back