Update Software TZT3 16 - Mayday Mayday - Ships Going down

deeez_nutz

I have inserted usb stick in unit, it goes through its paces, nothing is shown like the picture in the pdf file provided. It asks for usb to be removed, no noises after removed and stays blank with the red button lit up.

I wait 30-45 minutes, unit does nothing. Try power button then, nothing. Disconnect power and insert usb stick again. Unit goes through the same update as before. Same thing happens. Other unit was able to power up at this point.

I go and get another usb stick, upload files. Run through the same thing over again as before. After waiting and powering down, the unit flashes furuno after wrestling for the power to come on, then goes off.

I try the other unit that still hasn’t been updated, it starts doing the same thing, flashing and shutting down.

I have 2 Tzt3 16” units that don’t seem to be usable with a blank screen, what can I do? Please help.
:furuno until it locked up.

https://public.boxcloud.com/d/1/b1!ctWl ... ./download

It sounds like the software files are not on the media correctly or the media isn't accepted by the units. You should ensure good power to the units when conducting the process. If you can't get the update working; you might contact your dealer about getting a pre-tested update kit that is verified good. (p/n TZ3-SOF-USB)Capture3333.JPG

How would I know if I didn’t have good power? I have had the units running with no interruptions for the past week 60 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico doing 200 mile round trips. They are hooked up to 2 house batteries providing 12 volt and can switch it over to have the other engine batteries to supplement it if need be.

I copied all the files that was specified from the included pdf file to a 32gB usb stick. I also get a screen that isn’t mentioned in the pdf a few times.
One of them I will try and attach.

Link where file comes from

https://www.furuno.com/en/support/uploader_auth#tzt3

It is the TZ Touch 3 version 2.01. I copy everything except the pdf’s.

Power dropped. Just got off of phone with support and told me to check pin 1&2. So far, I have been able to update 1 display. Thank you.

Generally, each unit should be upgraded individually. Specifically, if you upgrade one unit -- have the second unit turned off while it happens. Than once "unit A" updated, turn the unit off and update the next one. Why? Software mismatched TZ Touch's may interfere with each other. It's always recommended to operate both units with the same software version when networked.

deeez_nutz":3ogm2l5o said:
It is the TZ Touch 3 version 2.01. I copy everything except the pdf’s.

Also while it may seem obvious, just also verify the .zip file was not copied over, but actually extracted to the root of the drive. As Johnny mentioned, preformatted software upgrades are available as are upgrade services at any one of our authorized Furuno dealers.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Don't confuse the software you get from the Parent company at www.Furuno.com with our software posted at www.FurunoUSA.com. Our software is for doing a full update of each unit and is posted under the product page of the product in question. If using the software at the other website; you would follow their posted instructions. We normally recommend Furuno USA customers use our website and our posted software, in most cases. I am glad to hear you are making progress. :jump

I too experienced the 3 hours of updating my tzt12f before finally pulling the usb immediately after 3 beeps. Never did my machine prompt me to remove usb stick. Everything is working fine so far.
I hope this saves someone some time and and headache.

Back