Tzt3 x2 displays permanent install with 1 temp

deeez_nutz

So I have a question on the displays. I currently have 2 displays installed, tzt319. I was wondering if it is possible to add a temporary display such as a 9 or 12 and use that as a master for all charts. By doing this, all purchased charts would be set to a unit that could be moved to another boat when needed or if boat is sold.

The questions are, can this be done to it could be plugged up to 12 volt and plugged into network?

If the unit isn’t on the boat, will the 2 19” units work with no problem? Will the units work correctly utilizing the free charts?

yes you could select the tzt9f as a charts master if you wanted.

You could also have that charts master record all of your PBG, but not have the pbg being recorded on the permanent 19's

When you boot up the 19's without the master booted up, you'll get the " no charts master detected " message, but they will work fine with the stock maps and charting. You could then select one of the 19's to be a master if you wanted, and you won't get the message on startup.

Thank you for the response. Last question, would it need to be plugged into Ethernet network or would it have to plug into nmea?

You will need both ethernet and NMEA2000 connections if you want it to work properly. When I had just ethernet connections, I was not getting any of the NMEA data to my second MFD, so I was having errors with my NMEA2000 connected equipment such as my SCX20 and FM-4800.

Back