TZT3 PBG

hori

Furuno Fan
TZT3 PBG is locked to DFF3 and it`s specific transducer unlike timezero pro which you can use any transducer to record PBG. TZT runs timezero program so why not in future be able to use the any transducer like timezero pro ?

hori":2v0wpzz1 said:
TZT3 PBG is locked to DFF3 and it`s specific transducer unlike timezero pro which you can use any transducer to record PBG. TZT runs timezero program so why not in future be able to use the any transducer like timezero pro ?

The DFF3D is a fairly new product with new features and integrations being planned and released all the time. However, similarly to more sophisticated multi-beam products (such as the WASSP survey sonar), in order to do PBG the DFF3D requires a special multi-beam transducer with special elements tuned to certain frequencies and power ratings (e.g. the 165T-xxx style transducers) to shoot well.. multiple beams. :cool

Many of today's popular transducers such as the B260, B744V, or B265LHW do not have the 'multi-beam' elements and/or special hardware required to do the bottom mapping features the DFF3D does so they won't be supported the same way recording is done with single-beam transducers with timezero pro, because it's a different product for a different purpose.

Thanks for asking, I hope this helps :D

- Maggy :sail

If you want to do both types of transducer with PBG, there are plenty of reasons to move up to Time Zero Pro.

I do have timezero pro and record the bottom with my 526 TID HDD very well. No need for DFF3D with timezero pro. Furuno could allow the TZT3 to use b260 and other high quality transducers as timezero pro does after all TZT is a timezero program however at the moment however having to purchase a DFF3D to even use the PBG feature is why I posted this in the suggestion forum. I hope someone will pass it on.

For clarification the B260 produces a single beam at 50 khz or 200 khz. Where as a 165T-xxx style transducers will produce multiple beams. PBG currently is a product of multi-beam, similar to WASSP, and while it may be different in the future, for the time being PBG will always need a transducer capable of producing multiple beams.

Hope this helps :sail

- Maggy

I`m sorry but you are incorrect about needing need multi beam to record PBG.

Timezero pro works well with single beam. The big advantage to using the new multibeam transducer like the DFF3D is it creates much wider path and more depth points per sec. You cover alot more bottom faster than single beam. However that wide beam with DFF3D is only good to 200 meters where as single beam B260 good to 750 plus meters.

My whole intention of this post is to ask furuno to consider making available the PBG feature in TZT3 in the future to use with single beam transducer like my timezero pro.

Cheers

Back