TZT3 CW?

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
Looking at the specs for the new TZT3 and the FF functions. I understand the 1KW CHIRP but what’s CW? And how does it compare to traditional FF like a DFF1?

Phil

I think "CW" is just the Furuno terminology for a conventional fixed frequency (continuous wave) non-CHIRP sounder. Most CHIRP sounders have the option of operating at fixed frequency instead of the CHIRP spread spectrum. The full operator's manual has not been posted yet for the TZT 3 models. It will be interesting to see if there is an option to select a frequency in CW mode or if it has to be at a fixed 50 or 200 Hz.

I had a CHIRP sounder from another manufacturer on my old boat that could operate at user-selected fixed frequencies and often ran it at 185Hz when trolling, which seemed to do better showing tuna.

Much depends upon the transducer model.

Quitsa":19rf1672 said:
I think "CW" is just the Furuno terminology for a conventional fixed frequency (continuous wave) non-CHIRP sounder.

Quitsa, you are right on what CW stands for.

kicker":3c46pzx2 said:
Quitsa":3c46pzx2 said:
I think "CW" is just the Furuno terminology for a conventional fixed frequency (continuous wave) non-CHIRP sounder.

Quitsa, you are right on what CW stands for.

That's good! What's the answer to the question as to whether the non-CHIRP mode on the TZT 3 internal sounder allows for user choice of frequency or just 50/200Hz?

If you are using a CHIRP transducers with the internal CHIRP sounder of the TZT3, you will not have control of the frequency of CW mode.

After doing some research, the 1kw will not allow you to currently pick the frequency for CW or go into CW mode manually. That feature may come down the road with future software updates using a 1kw transducers.

If you are using the DI-FFAMP box with a 2/3kw transducer, you have the ability to pick CW mode and slew the frequency within the frequency range it is capable of.

kicker":2koofhv9 said:
After doing some research, the 1kw will not allow you to currently pick the frequency for CW or go into CW mode manually. That feature may come down the road with future software updates using a 1kw transducers.

If you are using the DI-FFAMP box with a 2/3kw transducer, you have the ability to pick CW mode and slew the frequency within the frequency range it is capable of.

I am sure your software developers have a full plate with the new products, however manual CW user specified frequency selection would be a very good feature to make available. It is something your competitors already offer with their built-in sounders on MFDs and Furuno should too.

Back