TZT3- can't change device instance

DDrew

I just finished installation of a TZT3, DRS4DNXT and SCX20. While messing around with device instance settings I changed the TZT3 itself from instance 0 to instance 1. After that I've been unable to change any device instance (including changing the TZT3 back to 0). How do I fix this?

Any reason you needed to change the instance of your MFD? Unless you had another manufacturer MFD, even than you probably would have changed the other manufactuer's MFD instance first before changing the Furuno's IMHO.

My advise would be to back up the unit's user data, and factory clear it. HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > SERVICE > UTILITIES > FACTORY CLEAR.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I was trying to get my Raymarine evolution autopilot to take the SCX20 heading info. I didn't mean to change the TZT3 instance, just fat fingers moving too fast. I took the boat out today for it's maiden voyage with the new electronics and everything worked great anyway. The Raymarine autopilot seems to need it's own heading sensor but that's not a problem as the TZT3 has the rock solid input from the SCX20 and it's talking to the autopilot just fine. Love the new NXT radar....wicked cool! I'll try the factory clear as you described. Thank you!!! :furuno

Back