tzt2 won't recognize as card with 3.01 update

P

playin catch

So I am trying to do the 3.01 update and I wiped and formatted a micro sd card and download the software update and unzipped it and put the unzipped files onto the sd card.. Then put it into my unit and when I push the power button it just boots up regularly.... Like it doesn't even see a change in the sd card.... Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks Bob

I have attached a link to software update procedures for your unit. What I think you may be doing wrong, is that there shouldn't be any folders on the SD card that you are using to update the unit. The only files on the SD card should be the 5 .bin files.
(bootuppg.bin/systemuppg.bin/ubootuppg.bin/ubootuppgA.bin/updateconfig.bin)

Here is the link to the software update procedures that will take you step by step on how to update software.
http://furunousa.com/ProductDocuments/NavNet TZtouch2 Software Update Procedures.pdf

You may want to check what kind of SD Card you are using. I had issues with an extended capacity (XC) 64 GB card that was listed as being approved in the manual, but that wouldn't work for the SW update no matter what I tried. I worked directly with support who told me to go out and get a standard off the shelf 8GB micro SD, load the SW and make sure there isn't anything else on the card. Worked right away. Apparently the extended capacity cards work for charts but won't work for SW updates. Something to do with the boot sequence and the timing of when the XC drivers get loaded.

Good luck

that's interesting I was using a 64gb xc sd card.... I will go out and get a standard ad and try it first thing next Saturday thanks for all ur help

Back