TZT2 V7 update questions

alex123

I have tzt2bb and tzt215 MFDs. I decided to update them both in stages, TZT2BB is running V7 and 15 is the previos version V6.21 I believe. Here are my questions:
1. First of all, is it OK run them in 2 different versions?
2. I updated TZT2BB followed the instruction but did not do factory reset in the last step, was not sure what that would cause. Is that required or just recommended? What setting will I lose?
3. With V7 is there a manual for TZT2 with V7 changes?
4. I can not figure out how to get to my video connections, I only see one shortcut.
I have Video 1 , Video 2 and hdmi in connected. I do see how to change source when I'm there but cannot figure out if I can see 2 of them at the time (ie HDMI in and Video1)

First of all, is it OK run them in 2 different versions?
NO, it is NOT okay.

I updated TZT2BB followed the instruction but did not do factory reset in the last step, was not sure what that would cause. Is that required or just recommended? What setting will I lose?
A reset is highly recommended. Typically if you don't reset you will get some odd graphics screen as shown in back of the update instructions (recently updated) and other oddities. If it works for you no biggie but if you run into something odd; I would go back and do the reset. The sounder reset step is VERY important.

With V7 is there a manual for TZT2 with V7 changes?
The eGuide loaded into the machine is updated. The operations itself hasn't changed that much that the current manual won't work at all. There will be an updated manual soon but not yet.

I can not figure out how to get to my video connections, I only see one shortcut.
I have Video 1 , Video 2 and hdmi in connected. I do see how to change source when I'm there but cannot figure out if I can see 2 of them at the time (ie HDMI in and Video1)
You can't see the same video twice on the same MFD (why would you) but you can see Video 1 and Video 2 at that same time. If you configure a three way screen, for example a half and two quarters; with a plotter to half and two videos you can have video one in one quarter and video two in the other quarter. With v7, you touch one of the quarter screens and swipe up from the bottom and choose the video source.

Back