TZT2 to simrad RS35 VHF

A

Anonymous

I know I have seen the answer somewhere, but cannot find a firm answer. I am trying to get the GPS coordinates to the VHF from the MFD. I have them connected by NMEA 2k, but the numbers aren't showing up on the VHF. Do I need to use the 0183 port?

You should just need to turn on the PGNs on to the NMEA 2000 bus. (like position, GNSS, COG/SOG)
If it isn't working then the Simrad might be a rebranded Icom that others had issues with. I would ensure that you have 3.01 (or 3.02 for Sirius weather) software and that the PGN is on.

Johnny Electron":1osgbmst said:
You should just need to turn on the PGNs on to the NMEA 2000 bus. (like position, GNSS, COG/SOG)
If it isn't working then the Simrad might be a rebranded Icom that others had issues with. I would ensure that you have 3.01 (or 3.02 for Sirius weather) software and that the PGN is on.
Ok, I know I have 3.01. I do have sirius, so I guess need to update to 3.02, can I do that by downloading the update on line to the sd card? thanks

Yes, contact our support guys and they will get you a software link for it, but that wouldn't be the cause of your radio problem if you have 3.01. Check the PGNs are turned on and that your NMEA 2000 bus is proper.

Back