TZT2 Not Recognizing Chart Files

haneyrm

I updated my chart files and now it does not appear that the unit is reading the charts. My SD card has a 2 directories on it. One is called NOAA USA and the other is called Std Res SAT Photos. There is also a file in the root directory called catalogue.zic. Under the NOAA USA directory there are 4 sub-directories. They are labeled 3D, Fishing_Charts, Raster and Vector.

When the SD card is in the machine, it will only show a single raster chart and the satellite images. I want to use the electronic vector chart that shows channel markers and nav aids. i like being to click on a marker and get info. None of the other charts on the card will display. On the plotter screen, I only have option of Auto or Raster. No options for Vector, Fishing, etc.

I'm not certain I have the correct directory structure on this card or have the files stored in the correct locations.

Can somebody help point me in the right direction? If you need to know what files I have under each directory, just let me know and I'll post everything.

Thanks.

Ended up getting the vector chart loaded today by just moving the entire vector chart directory out from under the NOAA USA directory and into the root directory.

Still cannot get the fishing chart to display or get the option to show up under the chart layers pull up screen.

Any ideas on where the fishing chart has to be stored on the card in order for it to be recognized?

The process to download and load these charts is pretty cumbersome and could really stand to be better documented.

Based on what you say are seeing on your card you seem to be missing a lot of files. Was this purchased from Furuno USA? Here is what you might typically see when looking at a chart card from a TZT or TZT2.Capture123.JPG

Yes, it was purchased directly through Furuno USA. There was a problem with the chart card just after I got the machine and a dealer advised me to reformat the card and reload only the chart files I needed. I went through the Mapmedia site and using the Time Zero charts, found each one for my area and reloaded them onto the card. I’m just not sure I have the correct files or the correct directory structure.

From the looks of it, I might be missing more than I thought. Is there a way somebody can help me re-construct this chart card? The card seems fine now after the reformat. Just need the info reloaded correctly.

I am in southwest Florida in Boca Grande and really just need the charts for this area.

Thanks!

For the TZT2 the folders are not important. It will see the chart on the root or in any folder as long as it is unzipped. The full breakout of what Furuno puts on the chip is provided under manuals of the product page. Below is a direct link.

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... charts.pdf

You must be careful with the formatting used with SDXC cards. We wouldn't normally recommend you format them. If they must be reformatted we recommend a proper SDXC reader/writer with the Panasonic SD card formatting program.

Interesting. No matter where I store the fishing chart MM3-USF-001, it will not display. I've tried it in the root directory and in the NOAA USA directory. No dice.

Am I missing anything else? I'm wondering what's in the System sub-directory.

I live in your area...here are the charts I identified as relevant:
NOAA
3D
sdna02tin01 MM3-NAT-002 us east coast
* sdna03tin01 MM3-NAT-003 Florida and Gulf of Mexico
Vector
* sdus00vs57map14-->15 East coast and Gulf of Mexico
Raster
* sdus02rmap12-->13 East coast
* sdus03rmap12-->13 Gulf of Mexico
High Res Photos
* SDSUSA06HSAT03
* SDSUSA07HSAT03
* SDSUSA08HSAT03
* SDSUSA09HSAT03
* SDSUSA10HSAT03
* SDSUSA11HSAT03

Hello again. I've noticed over the past few outings that my satellite imagery is missing. Turning it on or off does nothing.

Decided I would re-download all of my charts and imagery and cannot find the satellite images for the west coast of Florida. They are the files in the post above.

Has the locations of the charts and imagery changed? I've spent about an hour checking through the website and Mapmedia and am coming up empty handed.

Thanks.

I have noted that in order to display satellite photos overlay, I must download the corresponding photo files for east coast onto a usb drive and have that usb always plugged in, if I remove the drive, imagery goes away. Is there a way to have that installed so as not to need usb drive constantly plugged in ?

Warmblood-
Satellite image files can be placed on the SD card in the unit. If you are using many of them you might want/need to delete files for areas you will never visit.

Back