TZT2 interfaced to Simrad AP28

Jagsare1

Furuno Fan
I thought I had everything right but I am missing something. When trying to navigate to a waypoint, the AP says DATA MISSING. I am almost positive I have the wiring correct. Is there something I am not doing in the chartplotter?

Have you turned on the proper output sentences of NMEA2000?

I am not sure. I think that was my main question because I am 99.9% sure the interface is correct. Can you direct me how to turn on that sentence? Previously, the AP28 was connected to a VX2. I replaced that with the TZT2. Thanks.

The white and blue wires on the large multi-cable are your NMEA output.
Under Initial Setup tap on the NMEA0183 output. Turn on APB, RMB, and VTG.
You can always call our tech support while on the boat and they can talk you through this.

FYI, the interface to the AP28 would be via NMEA 2000, not 0183. So different PGNs that need to be enabled.

If the OP's AP28 was connected to a vx2 it was using 0183, probably with an AT-10 converter in-line, but the vx2 only output 0183. If the OP removed the AT-10 then yes, he would use the N2K output and turn the proper PGN.

It WAS connected to a VX2 but is now connected to TZT2. I am asking for the output sentence if I haven't done it correctly. I know it is NMEA2000 and have been through the menu but don't see anything wrong. How do I figure out what these setting should be?

There is no AT10 in this picture.

Your OP wasn't really clear if you are using a NMEA 2000 connection or an 0183 connection. The Vx2 uses 0183. Can you clarify if are you using a 0183 or a NMEA 2000 connection? The last post seems you might be doing NMEA 2000. If so where does your GPS data come from on your system?

TZT2 and AP28 are NMEA2000. I never should have mentioned the VX2 because that seems to be the only thing people are focusing on. GPS data comes from the TZT2.

I would recommend you turn on the following PGNs from the TZT2 (Menu - Settings - Initial setup - PGN output)

Position rapid update
COG/SOG rapid update
Cross Track error
Navigation data
Navigation waypoint & route information

Back