TZT2 enabling USB port

D

DTrol

I am trying to utilize my USB port to back-up waypoints and tracks as well as to access a newly downloaded fishing charts not included on the factory provided chart card.

Is there anything I need to do to enable the USB port to recognize my memory stick?
Admittedly I added a USB extension to more easily access the USB port, however the TZT2 does not seem to recognize the connection of my memory stick.

Good afternoon DTrol,

Thank you for your inquiry. What size is the USB stick you are trying to use? When you insert the USB stick into your computer does it light up or illuminate or give some sort of external visual appearance that it is getting power? If it does, when you plug the stick into the TZT2 does this visual appearance occur? Have you tried bypassing the USB extension cable?

One quick test you could do to see if the USB stick is working is set the custom gesture to take a screen capture. To do this hit the [Home] button, choose [Settings] [General]. Once in the general settings choose [Function Gesture] and set it to screen capture. When the USB stick is plugged into the TZT2 unit, take 2 fingers and tap the screen at the same time. It will indicate that the screen capture was saved to the external source.

screen capture.JPG

If the above procedure worked, it should look like the photo above. To backup your points, routes, tracks you can hit the [Home] button, choose [Settings] then choose [Files] and pick the export points/routes and tracks. It should prompt you to save them to the external source like the photo below.

waypoints and routes.JPG

Below is a link to a PDF that explains how to export and import Points and Routes.

http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... ttings.pdf

Regarding the chart that you put on the thumb drive. What chart are you trying to display, you mentioned a fishing chart? What fishing chart is it. There a couple different options, there are free charts that should be preloaded on the TZT2 unit. There is also a pay for fishing chart provided by C-map. In order to display the pay for fishing chart an unlock code must be purchased? Is the pay for chart the one you are trying to display? Did you purchase and install the unlock code for the chart?

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Unfortunately I did not bypass the USB extension before I put the dash back together. I will try that.

I did not see any signs of recognition of the USB stick. I will try the screen shot idea you suggested.

The fishing chart ( MM3-FNA-022 USA East Coast & Bahamas Cmap) was purchased, downloaded, unzipped and saved on the USB memory stick. The memory stick was not recognized.

That fishing chart is one of the pre-loaded charts so you should only have to insert your chart unlock code, put your chart setting to fishing, and then zoom in.

On Ecdis furuno FMD-3100 The USB port is not recognized..
Any advise to solve the problem.
Thank you

Greetings sailor, the FMD-3100 refers to an Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS). This product is a specialized product for commercial vessels and outside the overall scope of this forum for recreational and light marine products. Different USB ports on the FMD-3100 could be for different purposes (Chart Dongles, Keyboards, etc.) so it's best to refer to the Installation / Operator Manuals for this product or contact Furuno Technical Support's "DeepSea" Department.

- Maggy

Back