TZT16F fusion and not showing Sirius artwork?

wkearney99

Furuno Super Fan
I've got a Fusion RA770 with Sirius satellite radio service. On the Fusion I can see the channel and song artwork. I can control the Fusion from the TZT16F, but instead of the artwork there's a red X.

Is there some trick to getting the image displayed on the TZT3?

And is there any way to direct-tune by channel number? As in, something simpler than wading through a ton of listings, just a keypad to enter a known channel number?

I can connect the Fusion via NMEA-2000 or Ethernet, both are wired to it's location and the TZT3 network (we have two TZT16F at lower and upper helm stations). Is there any functionality that's better served using one network vs the other?

To follow up, I just noticed my timezero cloud has sync'd a screenshot I made showing the problem.

Attachments

• tzt16f sirius screenshot.jpg
    tzt16f sirius screenshot.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 130
In the past you could play music but not conduct Sirius via the fusion. Sirius audio support is via the BBWX3/BBWX4. It sounds like they might be allowing some functionality now with the newer software. What I will say is that you should NEVER have both the Fusion connected by network and NMEA 2000. It is one or the other. For normal MP3 audio I know that album art will not show unless you choose to connect by network.

I wondered about the ethernet/n2k question regarding the Fusion.

This is where having the chartplotter acting as a DHCP server and using a bunch of multicast stuff turns into a bit of a hassle as you get into more complicated networking. I saw this with the NN3D displays and wondered if it was still going to be a complication for the TZT3. Seems so.

Using an app on your phone requires having a network connection to your Fusion. As it would for a connection using TZ First Mate. So where should the WiFi be?

Using the Fusion to host it's own WiFi is a disaster, it's just not reliable, that and it's only working when the radio's working. Likewise using a chart plotter to host WiFi.

This means you probably want to have an always-on (or 'first on') WiFi network so everything can remain connected to something stable. Otherwise any other WiFi devices will get confused if they can't find their expected host SSID. Fire up the network first, then the devices.

That and also be able to connect to other services, like cellular internet. But doing so runs afoul of how other things want to set their own rules for networking.

Let me ask, is there any documentation getting into the specific networking details of how the TZT devices need the network configured?

Because my plan is to put the TZT3, FA50, radar and IP cameras on their own wired network and use a separate wired router to bridge from that to a separate on-board wired ethernet network. That will be the network that has a WiFi SSID. That'd let me control the Fusion from Wifi on phones/tablets and then via N2K from the chartplotters.

An added complication here is having to run two separate wired networks for IP cameras, due to the 172 class B static addressing needs (and yet more multicast shenanigans). I can't just hang an IP camera off the rest of the boat's network because apparently I can't tell the TZT to use an address outside the 172 range.

I can live without album art display, but it'd sure be nice to not have it show a big ugly RED X on the screen.

Back