Tzt14 screen dark

Wjbrand

Got in my boat for the first time in about 3 weeks. Turned the furuno on (daytime) and can barely see the screen. Hopefully the backlighting is just turned down? But now (nighttime) I cant see anything at all Any idea on how to make it brighter?

Tap the power button quickly one time then turn your roto-key to the right. That should brighten it a bit and then put it into DAY mode. It sounds like someone left it in Night mode during the last use.

Unfortunately that didn’t work either.

When I power it on I can barely see the Navnet screen as it powers up. Once it powers up, I can’t make out anything on the screen.

Tried to fix it last night too, thinking it would be easier to see, but couldn’t see anything at all.

Going out during a dark night or taking a blanket to throw over it and get under are other options. We don't see very many backlighting problems. I suspect this is just operator settings but you need to see it enough to get back into DAY mode.

Well the blanket allowed me to see enough to see that it was in day mode. I did turn the brilliance up. But still can’t see the screen like normal?

Thoughts?

If you are in DAY mode and the brill is all the way up; then it sounds like you have a backlighting problem. Due to costs and availability of the LCD panel; you might consider moving up to the TZT3.

Back